Monday, July 22, 2013

No mo "wack" house! July 15, 2013


(The title of her letter bothered me so I was lucky enough to be online when she was still online and I asked Avery about this.  She said she and the other sisters living with her called it the "wack house" because they always acted so wacky!  Avery also said this week was a very challenging/scary week.  She is very grateful for the power of the priesthood and feels safe and happy with the move.  It didn't have anything to do with the wonderful people they have been living with - it was a person they have been teaching.  Please keep her in your prayers!  She also said all the letters she recieves from everyone is so much needed and gives her so much strength and happiness - so keep sending those letters - even if they are one paragraph!  She loves to hear what everyone is doing!!)

Here is her address..
Sister Avery Miyahara
Georgia Atlanta Mission
112 Governors Square, Suite A
Fayetteville, GA  30215


I'd like to believe I reverence my call as a set-apart missionary and representative of Jesus Christ; I've realized the magnitude of this responsibility and the potential power it truly is. I'll be honest with y'all and say that this past week was by far the hardest week out here in Georgia thus far.

In an attempt to be sensitive to others involved in this week, I can only say so much...but we've been living in our Bishop's basement since Monday.  Transfers are this Wednesday and I will still be in the Lost Mountain Ward, we are just moving into a different basement.

I've come out of this week with a strengthened testimony is two areas:

1. The priesthood has been restored and is entirely real. It is my solemn witness to the world that the power of the priesthood can ease all stresses, cure all sicknesses and bring the greatest peace to all the faithful. I'm grateful for worthy priesthood holders who exercise their authority in righteousness. I pray that those who are priesthood holders do not take their role lightly.

2. We must pray, and we must pray often. Specific prayers receive specific answers. If it's God's will, let it happen.

D+C 84:88 took even greater solace this week, " And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up".  Before this week I had never felt the power of the adversary so strong in my life; and I had never felt the presence of heavenly angels so evident either. Believe that our actions and the actions of those around us invite spirits to be present, whether it be good or bad. God's light is real and it is available to all. We must live in such a way that the light we posses will always outshine any trace of darkness. If you feel any sense of that darkness, know that our Savior is the light. Let's radiate His light!  

I'm looking forward with faith!

-Sister Avery Miyahara!

No comments:

Post a Comment