Friday, July 5, 2013

Be Here, Now! July 1, 2013


There is something beautiful about being 100% devoted to something or another. It's like this feeling of actual satisfaction I cant quite figure out how to describe. Thus far in my life, I have never really been able to give 100% in one area. I've always been "spread thin"...so my teachers would tell me. Going on a mission, I was thrilled and also a bit apprehensive about having only one purpose, one focus for an entire 18 months! Yet, I've found that it is the most beautiful thing. My one purpose is essentially to love.

The answer is always love. Every problem can be solves through the power of love. Doesn't it feel good when we actually embrace the Christ's commission, "As I have loved you, love one another"? John's chapter in the bible is pure gold. Love literally the glue that holds this tumultuous world together. Without love missionary work would have zero effect...on the missionary, members or the investigators.

The love I have for my Savior and His work is what drives me every second of everyday out here in Georgia; It is seriously the fuel that makes this engine move. We can choice to love, every day! It is our choice. I say the line from that Mason Jennings song, "be here, now" in my head multiple multiple times a day. Whatever you're going, wherever you are, be there now. Doubts are about the future, never about the present. Although we all have a million things on our plates, God does want us to slow down, take a breather and bask in the beauty of each moment. Try it. I promise you'll like it.

This week was awesome. I'll say it again, I've never worked harder and I've never been happier. I’m trying my very best to not pull the work down to my level but to rise up to the Lords.

Go kick Satan’s butt.

All my love,
Sister Miyahara

No comments:

Post a Comment