Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Singing the Song of Redeeming Love



A couple months back when Sister Linda Burton (General Relief Society President) came to Powder Springs she taught me something that forever will stick with me. She said something that I interpreted as, “people will forget what you say, but they will never forget how you made them feel.
 
And I got thinking this week…how can I, silly stupid ‘ol sister Miyahara, make someone feel something lasting? How could I be more like my Savior? The easy answer was to acquire greater charity. I’ve realized that charity is a lifelong pursuit. Charity is not merely actions but it is our very natures. I love Paul’s’ plead for charity in 1 Corinthians 13. We are literally nothing without charity. If we don’t have compassion and love backing our efforts to be good than what is even the point? Moroni’s words in chapter 7 are just as powerful; He says that everything fails, but “charity never faileth.” If we have charity we are guaranteed a win!
I so badly want to be numbered among the “peaceable followers of Christ.” I’ve learned through our diligent efforts out here that progression towards Christ is no frolic in the fields. We have to be consciously aware of our every action and thought and adjust where correcting is needed and pray and pray and pray some more. I know in my heart, I need the Savior the most. As I strive to know strengthen my relationship with my Savior, then I can love others like He loves. The atonement is real. We can depend on it. I know that we can attain greater charitable love, His infinite and eternal love, and allow all those we encounter to feel That love through us. He needs us, His strong believers!
It’s been a hectic week! I’m gonna send a million pictures so all the glorious daily dets can be seen rather than read. A picture is worth a thousand words, right? Sweet cause I don’t have time to type a thousand words!
I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU!
-Sister Miyahara


country stuff, y'all 

SUNFLOWERS!!!!! happy days! 

Sister Raley... 'nuff said. 

the Hardings have my heart!

The oh so mighty Powder springs zone leadership gang. I love these people, so so much! 

Happy Birthday buscuits and gravy with the Wallace's! I love these good people with all my heart. My Georgian parents! He turned 52! .....dad, you're 52! 

we walk in and a drunkard karaoker says, "the sexy ladies have arrived!"... without speaking we all walk out. bail!

roaches in the chapel! yikes! 

shake and shave ice with my ward mission leader and his fabulous family! 

Downtown ATL Adventure 

Gettin' cray on our Sunday conference call walks!

Dragon Flies Galore! 

lalaLOVE Georgia! Humidity so thick you could cut it with a knife; spirit so thick you could cut it with a knife!

happy as the georgian sun :) 

compy funzies 

kisses from little miss Abigail, the goat! 
my best good friends!

The kind of views we have as we drive from appointment to appointment :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment