Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Happy + Hard Moments 3/31/14

Wowzers…this week! Where to even begin? How about someone else’s words (always better than my own)??
Joseph B. Worthlin said, “The simple secret is this: put your trust in the Lord, do your best, then leave the rest to Him.” (https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2008/10/come-what-may-and-love-it?lang=eng) READ THIS TALK. CLICK ON THE LINK AND READ IT!
The doctrine of Christ is faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost AND ENDURING TO THE END. Geez la freaking weez, has the last step hit me hard this week! I’ve learned that the greatest triumphs come after tribulation. Charity numero uno. Nelly said it best today, “charity is completely unselfish. It is putting someone else before you and being what they need even when it is hard, painful or completely inconvenient. It is willing to take the blow, to learn the healer's art. It is willing to go through affliction so that someone else can be happy. It is knocking doors because you love the person behind the door not because you have to.”
Here are some happy and hard moments in my life and the lives of those I love
::Sister Carlin (lady we live with) now has her temple recommend!! She is going back to the house of the Lord and I could not be more thrilled and thankful for her. Her mom passed away this week so please keep her family in your prayers.
:: We had the most incredible lesson with our investigator, Ricardo at the Camacho’s home. He is 28, single and I see my dad through him. I felt inspired to share about my dad’s conversion and bore testimony to him that I know that because of my dad’s faith, generations and generations will be blessed. Dad, because of you, I stand in the homes of strangers bearing absolute witness that this is the true church of Jesus Christ on the earth today. I cant put into words my gratitude for my parents. I want Ricardo to be like my dad. I want him to accept these glorious truths and bless his future family like my father blesses mine. As I testified, tears fell down his face and he knew it was the spirit of the Lord.
:: Trish has come alive in Christ these past two weeks. She is moving forward with total faith. Although her humble circumstances are unlike anything I would have imagine existed in the United Sates, she stands in her plans to be baptized and be led more fully by the Lord. We had a lesson with her in the church this week and it was a couple hours I’ll never forget. God is good to the meek and lowly of heart.
:: Sister Watts was transferred. I’ll miss her, a lot…
:: HAPPY MOMENT, I have the most wonderful new companion who will teach me oh so much! Sister Iverson and I are polar opposites but we are rejoicing in our differences and enjoying the blessings that are coming our way as we work diligently here in Acworth!
:: We are out of miles and walked 15 miles one day and 10 the next. No one answered their door. It was rainy and windy. So Sister Iverson and I talked and talked and bonded and grew in our companionship unity. God wanted us to walk and talk. Recreational therapy, baby! Excited to update y’all and say that my choice of major at BYU is still solid and exactly what I want to do.
:: The General Women’s Conference on Saturday changed my life. Watch or read this one too!! (https://www.lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2014/04?cid=HPTH032714628&lang=eng)
Faith, hope and charity. The three most desired words for happiness! I know that as we trust in the Lord and humbly do our best to love one another, we can get through anything. I’ve chosen to trust and there are times when that is really, really hard. But we are looking forward and not back! ßThat is mine and sister Iverson’s motto this transfer! : )
1 peter 1:7 the trials of our faith are more precious that gold!
James 1:3 the trying of your faith workth patience
2 Nephi 31:20 perfect brightness of hope + love of God/everyone + feasting upon scripture + enduring to the end = Eternal Life.
Birds sing after the storm, why shouldn’t we?
All my love,
Sister Avery Miyahara





1 comment: