Tuesday, June 3, 2014

HONK IF YOU LOVE JESUS! 6/2/14

Hii hello!! Sister Miyahara here, reporting back that…I’ve never been so tired but SO BLESSED in my whole life! It’s been yet another week of strengthening trials and inspired miracles. When I finally lay down at night to get a few hours of sleep, I can’t help but think, “What did I ever do to deserve this privilege of serving a mission?” Regardless of the chaos and challenges around me, as I live/share the restored Gospel faithfully, I feel immense joy and peace and security.
A verse in Mark (10:28) jumped out at me in personal study this morning. Peter says to the Savior, “Lo, we have left all, and followed Thee.” I sat there thinking…sure, I’ve left my family, friends, the ocean, school, work, etc. BUT what I have “left” behind that was been the most liberating has been leaving behind all doubt, fear, pride, etc. When God asks us to leave our “nets,” it’s so much deeper than what on the surface we can comprehend.  Leaving behind my iPhone, late nights and reality TV has been good but it hasn’t been the source of my conversion. We have to decide to leave behind much more than that. We have to 100% surrender our heart, our desires, our will.
When I ran the 13.1 last week, I thought about my brother Blake the entire time. The advice he keeps sharing is to, “put my head down and sprint through the finish line.” I sprinted through the finish mark with tears in my eyes, knowing that God gives us the strength to endure and power through the end. I think about that concept as I study, as I plan, as I knock a door or talk to a stranger. I’m determined to sprint through all the finish lines God will put in my amazing race of mortality. Come, sprint with me. The rejoicing after giving your all and succeeding is something remarkable.
"I won't give up, shut up, or let up until I have stayed up, stored up, and paid up for the cause of Christ. I must go until He comes, give until I drop, preach all I know, and work until He stops me" because THIS IS REALITY! I know it... and I cherish it.
I love the Acworth ward with all my heart. Fast Sunday yesterday was a very special day for me.  Thank you to my Acworth family for loving me into your families. Shout out to my Young Women girlies who make me laugh till I about pee myself! Y’all are going to make powerful missionaries one day : )
Goodness me, I love y’all!!
XOXO,
Sister Miyahara






No comments:

Post a Comment