Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A Change is as Good as a Rest 9/23/2013

I’m grateful for my legs covered in bug bites because it means that we’re outside, working hard talking to everyone. I’m grateful for the bags under my eyes because it represents long nights consoling my dear soul sisters and early morning runs on the golf course with Sister Pitcher. I’m grateful for the perma-dirt under my nails because it shows the glorious service we render for all those we love. I’m grateful for the blisters on my feet because they mean we are walking with a hastened pace each and every day. I’m grateful for the mondo caulis on my right ring finger that mistakenly looks like a wart because it represents pages and pages of revelation and inspiration in my study journal.  I’m grateful for my ever growing pooch because it means the kind ward members take time to provide meals for me. I’m grateful for the funkiest tan lines I’ve ever had because it shows me I’m modest and uphold the missionary standards.  I’m so grateful for my undeviating desire to be out here in da ATL, proclaiming this everlasting gospel and to feel such bursting love and joy while doing so.
I can’t believe I’m already here at the library to email! Geez la weez does time fly or what?! I have zero grasp on time these days. I had three exchanges this week, bringing the senior companions to my area of Whitewater. Not even going to complain about my spiritual/physical exhaustion because the positive is so much better! President always tells us leaders about “the miracle of exchanges.”
The miracle of exchange #1: Sister Terry and I visited our new investigator Jeanette. To preface this miracle story, we met her a few days prior in our apartment complex. Jeanette, her daughter and her granddaughter were walking to her sons house and they always, always go a certain way. On this particular day her daughter told her that we spirit was telling her they needed to go a different way. As they walked this different route, they crossed paths with us. We shared with them a quick message, prayed with them and set a return appointment. Jeanette confidently says that her daughter’s impression to go that different way was God. In our lesson she kept saying she has been thirsting for something she can’t quite satisfy. She committed to be baptized with an enthusiastic “YES! Ahh child of course I will!”  
The miracle of exchange #2: So you know how Jeanette was walking to her brothers? A couple days later we tried to contact a “former investigator” the elders had previously worked with.  Turns out the former investigator is a roommate of Jeanette’s son!! Did that just make sense? Hopefully. God is so mindful! So with Sister Christensen we had a lesson with Tyrone (Jeanette’s son) and his family. Our team up was a recent covert, Norris Love and they clicked like we could have never ever clicked. The lesson was so powerful and this family is totally progressing.
The miracle of exchange #3: The Love family is the trophy family in the Georgia Atlanta Mission. President Harding found, taught and baptized half the family and now the other half is being taught by us.  Sister Hixon and I had the most incredible lesson with Julia (the mom/wife). She was questioning if God even loved her and heard her prayers/knew her heart. She is a tough lady and so quickly discounts the influence of the spirit. She needs evident, proof with her own eyes. There was a point in the lesson we were talking about the picture of Christ standing at the door without a handle and how we have to let Him in. It was cloudy outside and at that moment the most bright sunbeam flooded the room. Julia sat there stunned at God’s manifestation of His love and perfect knowledge of her. She knew at the moment that a loving Father in Heaven really is watching out for her and wants her to open the door.
I’m learning that you can truly measure a person by the object they pursue. Just a reminder to really remember and realize what it is that you’re pursuing and what your character is being founded upon. Life is so glorious when we pursue righteousness. Keep it up! I love y’all so much and drawn such strength from your support. Thanks for the mail and emails and love!
PEACE AND BLESSINGS, yo.
Sis Miyahara!

After attack~Thank heavens for electric fences!!

Before.....

Scout spaghetti dinner/dessert auction.  Our bishop bought these yummy cakes for us!  I love Whitewater Ward!

The rain is finally coming back!  Happy days tracting in the rain.

Sister Pitcher turned 21.  Lunch at Which Wich!!!  I about died when I saw they had one here!

Norris Love.  My BFF out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment