Monday, October 14, 2013

Peachtree City is the bomb! October 14, 2013


Holy Hannah Banaza! This week!...may or may not have been the most insane emotional rollercoaster of a week. I’m not entirely sure how to even partially sum up the madness this week brought. Usually to the contrary, these past 7 days could have been a month’s time. So to get to the point for explaining why I am so dramatic this morning…Tuesday my companion felt that the Lord was pleased with her efforts here and was encouraging her to accept a medical release back home for personal reasons. Wednesday was transfers and it wasn’t until 10 minutes before transfer meeting started that we got a call from the AP’s telling us to be there to support Sister Green’s departure, mind you I was in the shower. We haul to transfers and I have no clue what is going on. I text one of the AP’s on the stand right before President was going to make transfer assignments asking him if I was going to get a new companion today (we didn’t know when Sister Green was going to be leaving). I get a response, “Yes, you will be training a new MTC sister and both of you will be with Sister Green until she leaves tomorrow.” Say whaaaat? Sister Green was going to be leaving tomorrow?!? I’ll get a brand spanking new greenie to spend her first two days as Sister Green’s last two days?! I responded back with a sincere, “haha alright sweet let’s do it!” *Deep breaths, Sister Miyahara, deep breaths*
So it was awesome and ridiculous and so memorable. Thank heavens my new companion Sister Hebert (pronounced A-BEAR…crazy, I know) is so laid back and easy going. We saw so many miracles this week that the Lord really was good to me. But the funniest thing happened Friday night that I just have to share!
It’s 9:03pm Friday night; I’m knelling waiting for Sister Hebert in the other room to come in and nightly plan. We get a call from Elder Perez (ZL), the zone leaders call us all the time so no biggie.   I answer and they are screaming that there are bombs going off in Peachtree City and we need to get to the Mission Home immediately. They are freaking out and screaming as they explained how they were outside and heard huge booms and the entire sky turned orange and there are bombs being dropped on Peachtree city.  We book it out of our apartment, shoeless and in total panic. I’m going like 70 down a 45 and there are literally no cars on the road, NONE! We pull up to the mission home; no other missionary cars are there? Weird, we must be the first to get there.  Sprint up the front door and there is Sister Harding, so gracious walking to the door with a smile on her face. What is going on?! Where is the urgency here?!?! She opens the door and I frantically ask is everything okay?! Is there bombs going off?! She calmly calls up to the Presidents and says, “honey, you haven’t heard of any bombs going off have you?” President comes walking down with as much as love and confidence humanly possible and asks to put the zone leaders on the phone. He calls, they are freaking out, calling all missionaries to safety locations…then we hear President so calmly inform them that there is an airshow in Peachtree City tonight and there is nothing to worry about.  Those elders will never hear the end of it.
The quote that got me through this week is one by our former Prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley. His prophetic promise is that, “Those who move forward with a happy spirit will find that things always work out.”  I believe that through and through. When we serve the Lord with gladness (Psalms 100:2) then things are just gonna be fantastic! No matter what your weeks or days or even hours have to throw at you, just smile and believe in good things to come. Fake it till you make it if you have to. The Lord’s wants our desires to be aligned with His; it’s not an easy task but the results are eternal and everlasting.
Thank you for your love and prayers and just pure goodness y’all are to me. In a priesthood blessing I got this week, I was told that the love I receive from my family and friends is God’s way of showing me His love for me. Amen to that. Thank you for loving me.
Until next week!
Sister Miyahara


















No comments:

Post a Comment