Friday, June 7, 2013

Halle - freakin - lujah! 6/3/12


I'M STAYING IN LOST MOUNTAIN!! And I’m training a new MTC missionary greenie  AND continuing as Sister Training Leader but without Sister Nelson :( I'll be flying solo for these two zones. Heaven help me! But fo realz, I'm stoked! I would have never predicted this! I guess my work in the Lost Mountain Ward isn't done yet! The Lost Mountain Ward really is home and I'm over the moon that the Lord still needs me here. Hurrah! :)

I'm filled with peace right now and I can’t tell you how wonderful that feels. I realized I am so silly to stress. Does anything ever get resolved by stressing or getting upset? Never. When we trust in the Lord. We have nothing to fear. I read this scripture during my "trek through the Book of Mormon" (President Harding's assignment for the month of June/July in honor of the early Pioneers) and in Mosiah 23 it said, "hush your fears...cry unto the Lord (in prayer)...and he will deliver you." I've repeated that in my head all week and it has given me such solace. The Book of Mormon is incredible. It is another witness or testament of the divinity of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! I love the scriptures; they truly are little pockets of pure light and every time we read them, our desire to be be more righteous increases. Read them. Don’t neglect them. There is some serious power in those sacred pages of scripture.

Atlanta, Georgia...a.k.a...a hub a hades! The humidity has rolled in and thank heavens for air conditioning, deodorant, oil blots and running water. I'll admit, sometimes I'll daydream about star floating with my BFFs in the ocean or hitting up the “B of H” with my home girls or slam dunk contents in our pool in the backyard with my precious bro bros. It doesn’t make me home sick, it honestly just makes me even more appreciative of the abundant blessings I've been given and so it motivates me to invite others to receive such blessings. I'm so grateful for my family and for my friends. My heart beats for missionary work but keeps it's rhythm from the support and love I feel from all y’all back at home. Please know that I feel the power of your prayers. Some days I feel an  extra bounce in my step and I know it’s because I’m being prayed for back at home so thank you from the bottom of ,my ever so growing, heart.

 Have a fantastic day!  Cast out darkness, push away doubt, build up faith and trust the Lord.

Peace and blessings!
Sister Miyahara

Don’t be gloomy. Do not dwell on unkind things. Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. Even if you are not happy, put a smile on your face. ‘Accentuate the positive.’ Look a little deeper for the good. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life.”                     - Gordon B. Hinckley

My sweet visa waiter friend, Hermana Francis (friend from BYU!) is heading to Argentina today!

I might be sick...too....much...grease...#help

My dear sweet Sister Buttle :) She goes out on team ups with us for hours at a time! She turns 82 this week and has the strongest testimony I've ever heard!

Karaoke night? Surely! Sign a sista up!

Sammy this one is for you! Tied my skirt up and had some fun Stockton's (mission president's 10 year old son) rip rider 360 :)

They've adopted me for my time here in Georgia and I'm so okay with it :)

Sara Pestana, my friend from heaven will be baptized this Saturday. It's been quite the journey of miracles but God always wins. This is her lovely family from South Africa and I could love them any more)

Brother Carnell found this snapping turtle on our lawn the other day! Nuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment